Jan 2 (Tue): Depart from New York
Jan 3 (Wed): Arrive Cairo Airport
Our representative will meet you before immigration, customs and baggage claim, with a “FAM TRIP-TUTKU TOURS” sign. He will help you with your visas and customs check. Transfer to the hotel for dinner and overnight. (D)
Jan 4 (Thu): Cairo
Visit: Giza Pyramids. The great pyramids and sphinx are among the wonders of the world, and a highlight of any visit to Egypt. In addition to visiting these wonders, we will explore some small tombs of private individuals buried in the shadows of the pyramids. Dinner and overnight in Cairo. (B,D)
Jan 5 (Fri): Cairo
Visit: Sakkara and Dahshur pyramid sites and Memphis. At Sakkara we can see the first pyramid, the Step Pyramid of Djoser. The Dahshur Pyramids precede the Giza group and allow one to see the evolution of the pyramid. These necropoli were the burial grounds for the kings and elite of the nearby capital, Memphis. At Memphis we will visit an outdoor museum that includes a colossal statue of Ramesses II. Dinner and overnight in Cairo. (B,D)
Jan 6 (Sat): Cairo
Visit: recently opened Grand Egyptian Museum (GEM) is built on a 120 acre campus and houses 50,000 objects from all periods of Egyptian history, including treasures from King Tut’s tomb.. Dinner and fly to Luxor. (B,D)
Jan 7 (Sun): Luxor
Visit: Karnak and Luxor Temple. Karnak Temple is the cult center of Amun, No-Amon (Thebes) of the Bible. Here Thutmose III’s Annals record his famous battle at Megiddo and Shishak’s relief records the campaign of 925 BC against Israel and Judah. The temple is also home to the Egyptian text of the treaty of Ramesses and Hatusili the Hittite ruler and the classic Hypostyle Hall. The Pylon at Luxor temple contains reliefs of Ramesses II’s battle of Kadesh and a portrayal of his tabernacle-like camp. Dinner and overnight in Luxor. (B,D)
Jan 8 (Mon): Luxor
Visit: Theban Necropolis. The western side of Luxor is the burial ground of Thebes and includes the Valley of Kings (and Tut’s tomb), Deir el-Bahri (Hatshepsut’s funerary temple), and the Ramesseum, which features “Ozymandias,” and mud-brick storage facilities like those for which the Hebrews made bricks (Exodus 1:11). Dinner and overnight in Luxor. (B,D)
Jan 9 (Tue): Luxor-Fly Cairo
Visit: Theban Necropolis, day two. The Tombs of the Nobles include remarkable painted and carved scenes. In the Tomb of Rekhmire we will see the famous scene in which foreigners are forced to make bricks, and in the Tomb of Ramose, we will witness the finest New Kingdom art and the transition to the Amarna style. Medinet Habu is one of the best-preserved temples of the New Kingdom and contains the renowned panorama of the Sea Peoples (including the Philistines) invasion of Egypt. Fly to Cairo in the evening. Dinner and overnight in Cairo. (B,D)
Jan 10 (Wed): Cairo
Visit: Old Cairo and the Cave Church. In Medieval Cairo we will visit some of the earliest churches and the Ibn Ezra Synagogue (where the Cairo Geniza manuscripts were found). Visit the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilization, home to the New Kingdom royal mummies. We will experience the Cave Church, the largest church in the Middle East, which is in the remarkable garbage collector’s town. Dinner and overnight in Cairo (B,D).
Jan 11 (Thu): Departure Transfer to Cairo Airport for flight back to New York. End of services.
1- Requested domestic flights in Egypt can’t be guaranteed until we receive your registration (deposit payment and passport information). Registration link is at the back of our brochure and also at our website.
2- In this tour we seek to offer a full schedule to allow one to see as much as possible of a variety of sites! This means that some mornings will require early departures. The rigorous program will entail significant walking, including over uneven and rocky or sandy terrain and up and down (sometimes steep) steps.
• International flights from New York to Cairo, based on Turkish Airlines Economy Class. Excluding
FAM trip group flights depart from NEWYORK.
For all other departure city requests, please ask for the specific flight rate at an extra cost.
• Cairo-Luxor-Cairo roundtrip domestic flights
• Sightseeing as per the itinerary
• Accommodation at 5 star hotels as per hotels specified below or similar
• 3 Nights at Steigenberger Pyramids Hotel in Cairo (or similar)
• 3 Nights at Steigenberger Nile Palace in Luxor (or similar)
• 2 Nights at Le Meridian Cairo Airport Hotel in Cairo (or similar)
• Daily breakfast at the hotels
• 8 dinners at the hotels
• Entrance fees to all archaeological sites included in the program
• English Speaking licensed tour guide throughout the itinerary
• Transfers & transportation by private A/C motorcoach based on the size of the group
• Portage for one piece of luggage at the hotels
• Guide wireless headset system
• Service charges and local taxes
• Lunches and drinks.Hotels
• Egypt Visa ($25)- Subject to increase if applied by the government
• Personal expenses, any other item which is not included above
• Charges for camera or video permit (other than cell phone camera) at museums or some sites
• Any additional charges to enter certain tombs like that of Tutankhamun, or other “special” extras
• Travel Insurance
• All tips $60 per person (a total of the tour guide, driver(s) and hotel staff)
- January 03, 2024 - January 06, 2024 Steigenberger Pyramids Hotel, Cairo, Egypt
- January 06, 2024 - January 09, 2024 Steigenberger Nile Palace, Luxor, Egypt
- January 09, 2024 - January 11, 2024 Le Méridien Cairo Airport, Cairo, Egypt